dotConnect for Oracle is distributed in two ways:
- As the installer that provides assemblies for Full .NET Framework, documentation, samples, and all the necessary files.
- As NuGet packages with .NET Standard compatible assemblies for .NET Core.
The activation key provided above is used only with .NET Standard compatible assemblies from NuGet packages.
If you want to target Full .NET Framework in your projects:
1. If you have a trial version of dotConnect for Oracle installed, uninstall it first, and then install the licensed version from the Devart Account.
2. Install the downloaded licensed version.
3. Clear the bin and obj folders of your projects, built with the trial version of dotConnect for Oracle and rebuild them.
dotConnect for Oracle uses .NET component licensing for Full .NET Framework. See the Licensing topic of dotConnect for Oracle documentation for more details about technical licensing of your projects.
If you want to target .NET Core in your projects:
1. Install dotConnect for Oracle NuGet packages to your project from www.nuget.org
(.NET Core compatible assemblies are not included in the installer and are only available via NuGet packages).
2. Copy your activation key (either from this email or from your account in the Devart Account) and assign it to the License Key connection string parameter in your projects.
For more detailed information regarding .NET Core licensing aspects,
please refer to dotConnect for Oracle documentation.